Welcome to the 2019-2020 school for the BAC/BSC program
- Work quietly without disturbing others.
- When the teacher is talking, it’s your turn to listen.
- Raise your hand and wait to be called on before speaking.
- Keep your hands, legs, feet, and other objects to yourself.
- Always walk in the halls and classroom.
- Stay in class unless given permission to leave.
- Follow directions. Be in your seat when the bell rings.
- Bring all necessary supplies to class.
- Use the appropriate voice level in the classroom.
- All cell phones turned in once school starts. (phones will be giving back in last period)
- Everyone must participate in group sessions.
- Use appropriate language at all times
- When giving a pass to come to the BAC room come directly to the classroom.
This school year will be challenging yet fun, as we are here to push ourselves to gain more knowledge and work on our strengths and weaknesses. This year we will be using a data point system in our class room. The point system will be used to track the progress of behavior and active participation in the classroom. Students will be rated on a scale of 0 to 5, per class period.
- 0 no work was completed
- 1 1-10 minutes of work completed
- 2 11-20 minutes of work completed
- 3 21-30 minutes of work completed
- 4 31-40 minutes of work completed
- 5 41-52 minutes of work completed
Along with tracking minutes of work, behavior will also be a factor in the point system. If no negative behavior was present in the class, then students will receive full points based on how long they are able to stay actively engaged in the class. Things that can cause a student to lose points due to behavior are:
- disrupting class
For every three offensives in the general education classroom can result in 1 point being deducted. Every period is a new period so nothing carries over. At the once the class ends the time ends for that period.
It is my expectation, that when the bell rings, each student is prepared for that class period. This goes for both the BAC classroom and the general education classroom.
We will start off the year in the BAC classroom and after the students reach 600 points, they will be able to attend 1 general education class. The first class that they will placed in, is a subject area that they perform the strongest in. After they get 750 points, they will be able to attend 2 or more general education classes. Parents, please keep in mind the students will have control of how many points they have. I will have it posted at there desk daily, as well as on the wall. Points will be tallied daily. In a day they can get up to 35 points. In a week that is 175 points. In a month that is 700 points if all points are earned everyday. I want the students to successfully earn the points so that they can go to classes outside the BAC room. The classroom staff and I are here to support them in any way possible.
Also we will have a token system in place this school yea,r and that ties into the point system as well. The students and I will meet and discuss what type of rewards should be givein as I want there input on what they like. If a students receives a 0, 1, or 2 they will not recieve a award for that day.