- Expands the Library’s role as a community resource.
- Introduces patrons and non-users to Library resources.
- Provides entertainment.
- Provides opportunities for lifelong learning.
- Expands the visibility of the library.
Library Programming Criteria
- Community needs and interests.
- Availably of program space.
- Treatment of content for intended audience.
- Presentation quality
- Presenter background/qualification in content area.
- Relevance to community interests and issues.
- Historical or educational significance.
- Connection to other community programs, exhibitions or events
- Relation to library collections, resources, exhibits and programs.
"Policies · Library Programs." Library Programs Policy,
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County , 5 Dec. 2019, www.cincinnatilibrary.org/policies/ programs.html.