Thank you for visiting the Student and Family Support Services website. We will continue to update community resources to provide assistance with mental health and family resources.
- New academy for student and family support services staff with 3 years or less experience in their current position.
- Campus-based training with PowerPoints created by the district to cover Suicide/Homicide prevention, Teen Dating Violence, Human Trafficking, Child Abuse, Trauma Informed Care, SEL/Mental Health, Bulling vs Conflict, Handle with Care, and LGBTQ (optional).
- Yearly trainings and professional development are provided by counselors and social workers.
- Prevention after Suicide/Homicide Ideation - Campus counselors and social workers consult when dealing with suicide/homicide ideation. Counselors or social workers follow up with students when they return to school.
- Mental and Behavioral Health Management System – Frontline - Counselors and Social Workers input information into the system to record behavioral risks.
- Handle with care - Notification from Bexar county, San Antonio Police, Universal City Police, and Live Oak Police when they are called to one of our student’s home. The Executive Director of Student and Family Support Services receives notification from SAPD and forwards information to the appropriate campus principal and counselor via email. Teachers are then informed to be vigilant and aware of student behavior to provide support as needed.
- Gaggle Alerts - Monitoring of student electronic usage to assess critical and questionable situations that pertain to suicide, homicide, drug use, nudity, and violence.
- STOPit - Anonymous reporting tool for students to report bullying, cyberbullying or cyber abuse, harassment, violence, threat or weapon possession, alcohol or drug related issues, hazing, discrimination, and ethics violations such as cheating or plagiarism.
- Anew Family Counseling Center - counseling services for students with high suicide or homicide ideation and no access or on a wait list for counseling services. Services are provided at the campus either before or after school or during a non-core class.
- Communities in School - provides case management services and shares resources with district students, parents and families. (Participating Campuses: Wagner HS, Judson, Kirby, Metzger, and Woodlake Hills MS, Candlewood, Converse, Park Village and Woodlake ES)
- Family Service Association – Early Childhood Well-being Program (ECWB)(PK-Kinder only) – provides mental health care support through classroom observations, student observations, individual and family counseling, staff and parent trainings. Services are provided at school and at home.
- H.O.P.E. Youth and Family Development - provides individual or family counseling, parent and youth skills training, and case management.
- San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Awareness - youth prevention services provides educational lessons to students on Self-esteem, How to Handle Anger, Making Healthy Choices and How to Stand Up to Peer Pressure, and educational presentations.
- San Antonio Mobile Mental Wellness Collaborative provides mental health care services through individual, group and family counseling services. (Participating agencies include Clarity Child Guidance Center, Rise Recovery, and South Texas Bereavement Center). Services are currently being provided at the school and the JISD Educational Resource Center. Wraparound Service Center is coming soon!
- Texas Child Access Through Telemedicine (TCHATT) – short-term virtual mental health services that include medication management and counseling/therapy services.
- District wide parent meetings to cover mental health and safe and supportive topics such as bullying, mental health, suicide/homicide, and human trafficking.