Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts in History (UTSA) Master of Education Administration (Concordia U) Grades 6 thru 12 History certified Principal certified
Mr. Derrick D. Landry
I have been teaching in the Judson Independent School District since fall of 1998. I am excited about getting to work on another great year!
I graduated from James Madison High School in 1991. After high school, I enrolled at the University of Texas at San Antonio. I finished in the spring of 1997 with my Bachelor of Arts in History. I also received my masters degree in educational administration from Concordia University in 2012.
I did my student teaching at Ed White Middle School in NEISD. After that, I was hired at Kitty Hawk Middle School in June of 1998 as a 6th grade teacher and coach. I spent 18 years teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade history/social studies. I coached volleyball, basketball, and track (both girls and boys) for several years and served as the social studies department chair for 9 years. This will be my 7th year at the Judson Early College Academy. I am currently the TSIA2 testing coordinator, Academic Decathlon Coach, credit recovery facilitator, and provide support for History 1301/1302 college classes.
Service in Education - In my career I have served in the following capacities:
- JECA TSI Coordinator
- High School U.S. History Teacher
- High School World History Teacher
- High School Social Studies Department Chair
- High School Academic Decathlon Coach
- Middle School Social Studies (World Contemporary Cultures, Texas History and U.S. History)
- Middle School Social Studies Department Chair
- Middle School South Texas Academic and Literary League Coach
- Middle School Athletics Coach
- Judson Leadership in Education Administration Program
- Curriculum Writing
- Student Travel Program Leader (EF Tours and World Strides)